Spring Mountain Christian Academy
Spring Mountain Christian Academy is a Christian private school for grades K-12 located in Clackamas, Oregon and hosted by Spring Mountain Bible Church (Grades K-5) and Eastridge Church (Grades 6-12). The academy offers qualified and caring Christian teachers in small classes with academic rigor integrated with interdenominational Christian emphasis. All teachers are believers who have been called to the ministry of teaching young people. They have been carefully selected based on their professional qualifications, experience, and devotion to Christ, allowing us to offer a quality Christian education.
Grades 6-12 are now housed in a beautiful, spacious, modern building of Eastridge Church (14100 SE Sunnyside Rd.).
Please call our office to receive an application by mail:
Email your questions and requests for information here:
Spring Mountain Christian Academy provides a challenging course of study that meets or exceeds admission requirements at top colleges and universities in the United States and abroad. Students are taught the skills and concepts that will serve as the foundation for future learning through the following:
• Four years of math, science, English, social studies, foreign languages
and enrichment (fine arts, Bible, and classical studies)
• AP (Advanced Placement) classes
• Junior and Senior capstone projects
• PSATs, SATs, TerraNova annual tests
• Rhetoric, logic, composition classes
• College planning classes (admissions, fin. aid advisor services, career testing)
Spring Mountain Christian Academy offers all these and more:
• Bible-based character development, weekly chapel, and spiritual emphasis
• RenWeb ® web-based student information system (access to grades on line by students and parents)
• Culminating Senior Project
• Teachers committed to student success
• Mission opportunities and community service opportunities
• Music education
• Art and computers
• Guidance counseling and career planning classes
• Performing arts opportunities (orchestra, vocal groups, drama)
• Parent support groups keyed to student activities
• Various adventurous and educational field trips (Zoo, Safari, local bakeries, Children museum, Symphony, Pumpkin patch, tulip fields, Rafting the Deschutes river, Japanese gardens and other Portland sights, Mt. Angel, Oregon Garden, Spring camping and retreats with other schools, outdoor school every other year, trips to Oregon coast and Oregon State Aquarium, trip to local colleges and universities).
- School hours are Monday – Thursday. Fridays are field trip days and family or homework days. We offer a great Kindergarten program for 4-year olds and 5-year olds. Classes run from 8 am to 3:30 pm.
Our students are introduced to a great sports program, and a professional gym is rented for basketball season. During soccer season, students of grades 6-12 have practices in Happy Valley Park and then at in-door Futsal facility. The school also partners with local fitness centers.
Russian is taught as a foreign language twice a week. Students in high school also take a foreign language exam and earn their foreign language credits (Russian, Ukrainian, and Romanian languages have been offered).
Students are provided with a healthy hot lunch every day on the elementary campus.
Bus transportation is not provided by the campus, but parents are encouraged to car-pool and make arrangements with each other for easier driving schedule.
A traditional approach to learning is combined with other teaching techniques to assure development and mastery of necessary skills. Reading, language arts, math, science, and social studies are emphasized. Bible is not only taught as a subject but is also integrated throughout the entire curriculum. The campuses offer a variety of elective courses (alternating year to year). The following electives have been offered in the past: health (mental and physical), economics, French, Spanish, apologetics, philosophy, orchestra, guitar, ensemble, art, literature (World, American, British), landscape and basic gardening, fitness and weight training.
Tuition Rates at Spring Mountain Christian Academy
Students K4-12th Grade
Enroll at Spring Mountain Christian Academy
Spring Mountain Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the SMCA. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, athletic, and other school-administered programs.